Principles And Advantages Of Handheld Laser Welding Machines
I. Principle of handheld laser welding machine
The working principle of the handheld laser welding machine is to irradiate the high energy intensity laser beam directly on the surface of the metal material, and through the interaction between the laser and the material, make the material melt internally, and then cool and crystallise to form a weld. Its working elements mainly include:
- laser source: is the key component of the handheld laser welding machine can begin to work, through the electrode on the activation of the medium for electronic excitation, to produce a beam of very high intensity laser beam.
- Optical system: focuses the laser beam into a small focal point, generating high-density, high-intensity heat energy that can be accurately aimed at the weld seam to achieve precision welding.
- Control system: It consists of computer, PLC, controller, etc., which can control the time of laser launching and stopping, the selection of optical path, the size of light intensity, etc., to realise the fine control of the welding process.
- Conveyor system: feed the workpiece into the welding machine stably to ensure the quality and stability of welding.
- Auxiliary devices: including guards, fans, etc., which can protect the staff’s physical safety and reduce the harm caused by laser beam irradiation to the human body.
II. Advantages of Handheld Laser Welding Machines
1, can be micro-welding, The laser beam can be focused to obtain a very small spot, because it is not affected by the magnetic field and can be accurately positioned, therefore, can be micro-welding, suitable for large-volume automated production of micro and small workpieces in the group welding.
2, lossless laser welding because of non-contact processing, no tool loss and tool exchange and other issues, at the same time, it does not need to use electrodes, so there is no electrode contamination or damage concerns, and easy to automate high-speed welding. Can also be digital or computer control.
3, flexible and versatile can be welded such as high melting point metal refractory materials, and can even be used for such as ceramics, plexiglass and other non-metallic materials such as welding, welding of shaped materials, the effect is good, and has a great deal of flexibility, can be difficult to access the parts of the weld for the implementation of non-contact long-distance welding.
4, fast speed, high power, small deformation of the laser welding is non-contact welding, the work process does not need to be pressurised, welding speed, high efficacy, depth, residual stress and deformation is small, can be at room temperature or special conditions (such as closed space) for welding, welding equipment device is simple, does not produce X-rays.
5、Save labour cost
(1) Handheld laser welding is fast, 2-10 times faster than traditional welding.
(2) The weld seam after welding is smooth and bright, no need to follow up grinding, welding workpiece is not deformed, welding firm, saving time and cost.
(3) technical requirements as long as the basic computer knowledge, ordinary employees can, unlike the traditional welding machine needs to operate high experience, good technical master. Thus once again for the enterprise to save part of the labour.
III. Application of handheld laser welding
Handheld laser welding machines are widely used in automotive parts, metal products, machine building, ship building and other fields. With the continuous development of laser welding, the application of handheld laser welding machine will also become more and more extensive, and become an important tool in the field of metal processing. With the vigorous development of the welding industry, the market has become more and more rich in the types of laser welding machine, and then the scope of application of the laser welding machine has become more and more extensive.
Laser welding machine has a high welding accuracy, speed, welded material is not deformed and many other advantages, is widely used in cabinet kitchen and bathroom, stairs and lifts, shelves, ovens, stainless steel doors and windows guardrail, distribution boxes, stainless steel home furnishings, and other industries in the complex irregularity of the welding process. Laser can make effective use of unprecedented advanced methods and means to obtain unprecedented benefits and results, thus promoting the development of productivity.