We provide customers with quality products and provide high-quality services
If you would like to leave us a comment please go to
Due to its open form, simple manufacturing process, and high manufacturing efficiency, sheet metal parts are gradually being used in the racks and structural parts of food machinery and become an industry trend.
Medium and thick plate sheet metal is widely used in this field, but medium and thick plates are greatly affected by the material thickness, bending process, welding process, etc., usually there will be relatively large gaps after forming, resulting in increased welding deformation. Large, so that the size and shape tolerance of the parts cannot be guaranteed, and even welding defects will affect the appearance and quality of the product. Secondly, the processing of medium and heavy plates has some technological difficulties. In order to overcome the technical difficulties, the sheet metal craftsmen of our company have summarized a set of effective methods to solve the problems of plate metal processing, and I will share them with you here.
Let's first look at the example. Figure 1 shows the fixed bracket of a certain product of our company. The material is brushed SUS304 and the thickness is 4mm. Next, we will discuss how it achieves precision machining.
(1) First of all, to ensure the flatness of the reference plane A and the perpendicularity of the plane A to the planes B and B is the key to satisfying the assembly shape and position relationship and ensuring the accuracy of the machine position.
(2) Emphasizing the accuracy of bending, it is necessary to ensure the relationship between the horizontal dimensions of B and B, the relative dimensions implied by the fixed bracket, and the dimensional accuracy of the product.
(3) Form and position accuracy and dimensional accuracy are closely related to processes such as blanking, leveling, bending, and welding.
(1) Sheet metal process control mainly emphasizes the correctness of the process. The reasonable sheet metal process flow of this part is: raw material (drawing plate with better flatness)-laser cutting , leveling, process (key process control)-welding.
(2) The second step is to control the welding deformation to ensure the accuracy of the parts.
(3) Explanation of results.
In structural design, we often encounter welding methods where the bending R angle is connected with different material thicknesses. Due to the large R value, there are many welding fillers, which will generate greater heat and shrinkage. Generally, the structure of the part is modified, such as Right-angle welding is changed to flat butt welding to complete the precision machining of medium and thick plates, as shown in Figure 4.
Comparison of structural advantages and disadvantages: After optimization, welding is easy to achieve, welding deformation is small, no grinding process is required, and the appearance is smooth and beautiful, which improves efficiency and saves costs.
The welding process of medium and thick plates can also be realized through the sheet metal bending process. The thickness of the plate is 8mm, and the material is double-sided drawing SUS304. The original design requires welding of the side plates. After the structure is changed, the welding is changed to bending, as shown in Figure 5.